A variety of research studies show the effectiveness of TAKE 10!®. Links to relevant TAKE 10!-related research articles, abstracts, and presentations are available below.
- 2011. Donnelly JE, Lambourne K. Classroom-based physical activity, cognition, and academic achievement. Preventive Medicine. 2011 Jun 1;52 Suppl 1:S36-42. Epub 2011 Jan 31.
- 2011. Kibbe DL, Hackett J, Hurley M, McFarland M, Schubert KG, Schultz A, Harris S. Ten years of TAKE 10!â: Integrating physical activity with academic concepts in elementary school classrooms. Preventive Medicine. 2011 Jun 1;52 Suppl 1:S43-50. Epub 2011 Jan 31.
- 2010. Chang DI, Gertel-Rosenberg A, Drayton VL, et al. A statewide strategy to battle child obesity in Delaware. HealthAff (Milwood). 2010:29(3):481-490.
- 2010. Li Y, Hu X, Zhang Q, Liu A, Fang H, Hao L, Duan Y, Xu H, Shang X, Ma J, Xu G, Du L, Li Y, Guo H, Li T, Ma G. The nutrition-based comprehensive intervention study on childhood obesity in China (NISCOC): a randomised cluster controlled trial. BMC Public Health. 2010;10:229.
- 2009. Donnelly JE, Greene JL, Gibson CA, et al. Physical Activity Across the Curriculum (PAAC): a randomized controlled trial to promote physical activity and diminish overweight and obesity in elementary school children. Prev Med.2009;49(4):336-341.
- 2009. Tsai PY, Boonpleng W, McElmurry BJ, Park CG, McCreary L. Lessons learned in using TAKE 10! with Hispanic children. J Sch Nurs. 2009;25(2):163-172.
- 2008. DuBose KD, Mayo MS, Gibson CA, et al. Physical activity across the curriculum (PAAC): rationale and design. Contemp Clin Trials. 2008;29(1):83-93.
- 2008. Gibson CA, Smith BK, Dubose KD, et al. Physical activity across the curriculum: year one process evaluation results. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act.2008;5:36.
- 2008. Honas JJ, Washburn RA, Smith BK, et al. Energy expenditure of the physical activity across the curriculum intervention. Med Sci Sports Exerc.2008;40(8):1501-1505.
- 2008. Liu A, Hu X, Ma G, et al. Evaluation of a classroom-based physical activity promoting programme. Obes Rev.2008;9(Suppl 1):130-134.
- 2007. Liu AL, Hu XQ, Ma GS, et al. Report on childhood obesity in China (6) evaluation of a classroom-based physical activity promotion program. Biomed Environ Sci.2007;20(1):19-23.
- 2005. Little DM, Howell BR, Williams S. Mississippi Extension gets kids moving. J Family Consumer Sci. 2005;97(2):60-61.
- 2005. Lloyd LK, Cook CL, Kohl HW. A pilot study of teachers' acceptance of a classroom-based physical activity curriculum tool: TAKE 10!®. TAHPERD J. 2005;8–11.
- 2004. Stewart JA, Dennison DA, Kohl HW, Doyle JA. Exercise level and energy expenditure in the TAKE 10!® in-class physical activity program. J School Health. 2004;74:397-400.
Presentations and Published Abstracts
- 2008. Murray NG, Garza JC, Diamond PM, Hoelscher DM, Kelder S, Ward JL. Fitness and academic achievement among 3rd and 4th grade students in Texas. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2008;40(5):S96.
- 2008. Murray N, et al. PASS & CATCH–Classroom physical activity and Stanford 10 scores among third and fourth grade students in Texas with adaptive skills problems. Presentation: American Public Health Association Annual Meeting; October 29, 2008; San Diego, California.
- 2007. Moore DS, Solmon M, Tuuri G, et al. A comparison of children’s physical activity levels during school and out-of-school activities. American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2007;39(5):S490.
- 2003. Mahar MT, Rowe DA, Kenny RK, Fesperman DN. Evaluation of the Take 10 classroom-based physical activity program. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2003;35(5):S135.
- 2002. Stewart JA, Kohl HW, Doyle JA, et al. Evaluation of exercise levels and energy expenditures achieved during participation in the TAKE 10! in-class physical activity program. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2002;34(5):S300.
- 2002. Barry MJ, Moore BM, Webb T, et al. Elementary school children’s attraction to physical activity in a classroom-based program: TAKE 10! Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2002;34(5):S300.
- 2001. Kohl WH 3rd, Moore BM, Sutton AL, Kibbe DL, Schneider DC. A curriculum-integrated classroom physical activity promotion tool for elementary schools: teacher evaluation of TAKE 10!™ [Abstract]. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2001;33(Suppl 5):S179.