Achieving Physical Activity Recommendations
The Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans and the National Association for Sport and Physical Education recommend that children and youth get 60 minutes of physical activity each day. TAKE 10!® integrates academic learning objectives with 10-minute periods of physical activity. Each 10-minute activity break achieves 17% of the daily physical activity recommendation for children. In addition, the program:
- enables teachers to reinforce learning concepts using alternative teaching methods;
- features materials that are clearly marked with grade-specific curriculum objectives;
- links 10-minute periods of physical activity with core academic concepts in language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies;
- allows students to be active within space limitations of a standard-size classroom; and
- requires no special equipment or tools.
To learn more about how the program helps meet learning objectives, click here.